ZONTA Scholarship 2020-2021
Women in Workforce Development
The Zonta Club of Greeley recognizes that not all women can/want to pursue postsecondary education leading to a BA/BS degree. For some, conditions may dictate a more practical approach: pursuit of a brief program leading to a certificate or license and immediate employment.
The purpose of the Scholarship is to provide socio-economically disadvantaged women access to living-wage careers through intensive, non-traditional postsecondary workforce training that leads to immediate employment.
A woman may apply for the Women in Workforce Development scholarship if she:
- is a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States;
- has a high school diploma or GED;
- plans to enroll in a certificate or licensure program and will commit to full-time enrollment for the duration of the program;
- would qualify as socio-economically disadvantaged under DoEd guidelines; and
- has had at least 36 consecutive months as a non-student in her adult life.
Terms & Conditions
The Zonta Club of Greeley will award one, non-renewable scholarship per year in the range of $1000-$2000 depending on program cost. The program may be credit/non-credit and should require no more than one semester.
Applications will be accepted April 1-June 30 for a fall enrollment. If no suitable applicant is identified, a second round of applications will be solicited September 1-November 30 for the following spring enrollment
- Nurse Aide Certificate (1 semester),
- Emergency Medical Technician - Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) Certificate (1 semester).
- Emergency Medical Technician Certificate (1 semester)
- Firefighter I Certificate (1 semester)
- Commercial Driver’s License (4 weeks)
Other programs may be considered if student’s experience would qualify her for admission to a more advanced level in another field or if it is a certificate or apprenticeship, as part of an established trade school, professional or union industry training program, opening a defined, immediate pathway toward a livable-wage job.